Info

0460001653

Albion Mills, on the south side of Blackfriars Bridge, burning, 3 March 1791, after set alight by arsonists. Built by Boulton and Watt, it was first steam-powered flour mill in London, (1786) Engineer for mill machinery: John Rennie (1761-1821) Architect: James Wyatt (1746-1813). From 'Microcosm of London', Rudolph Ackermann, London 1808-1810, illustrated Pugin and Rowlandson. Aquatint.

Add to Cart
Filename
0460001653.jpg
Copyright
Irish Photo Archive
Image Size
4500x3720 / 3.6MB
Contained in galleries
Recently uploaded historical photos 3
Albion Mills, on the south side of Blackfriars Bridge, burning, 3 March 1791, after set alight by arsonists. Built by Boulton and Watt, it was first steam-powered flour mill in London, (1786) Engineer for mill machinery: John Rennie (1761-1821) Architect: James Wyatt (1746-1813). From 'Microcosm of London', Rudolph Ackermann, London 1808-1810, illustrated Pugin and Rowlandson. Aquatint.