Kerry backs attempt to prevent Tyrone from getting a goal during the Tyrone v Kerry All Ireland Minor Gaelic Football Final, 28th September 1975.
Kerry backs attempt to prevent Tyrone from getting a goal during the All Ireland Minor Gaelic Football Final, Tyrone v Kerry in Croke Park on the 28th September 1975.
The rules for hurling were published in United Ireland on 7 February 1885, by the Gaelic Athletic Association. GAA .
those for weight-throwing on 14 February, and those for athletics (also given below) and for GAA sports in general, were published on 21 February.
1. The ground shall, when convenient, be at least 200 yards long by 150 yards broad, or as near to that size as can be got.
2. There shall be boundary lines all around the ground, at a distance of at least five yards from the fence.
3. The goal shall be two upright posts, twenty feet apart, with a cross-bar ten feet from the ground. A goal is won when the ball is driven between the posts and under the cross-bar.
4. The ball is not to be lifted off the ground with the hand, when in play.
5. There shall not be less than fourteen or more than twenty-one players at the side in regular matches.
- The rules for hurling were published in United Ireland on 7 February 1885, by the Gaelic Athletic Association. GAA . 0001353.jpg J78-661
- Lensmen-single use only
- Image Size
- 640x414 / 74.0KB
- Contained in galleries