Info

Askeaton Friary,

In 1389, the Munster Geraldines began building a friary for the Conventual Franciscans. It was completed around 1420. By 1490, the friary was occupied by the, Observantine Franciscans, The founder is believed to be Gerald, the fourth Earl of Desmond,

Add to Cart
Filename
Askeaton Friary, 1 -
Copyright
irishphotoarchive.ie cic
Image Size
4000x3000 / 3.4MB
Contained in galleries
Search ALL, Search ALL, Curious Ireland in Colour
In 1389, the Munster Geraldines began building a friary for the Conventual Franciscans. It was completed around 1420. By 1490, the friary was occupied by the, Observantine Franciscans, The founder is believed to be Gerald, the fourth Earl of Desmond,