Info

010288

The fourth Eddystone lighthouse in heavy seas. Built on the Stone 13 miles South-east of Polperro, Cornwall, England, which claimed up to 50 ships a year. Built by the English civil engineer John Smeaton (1724-1792) beginning in 1756 it was in operation for 127 years. Engraving from 'The Gallery of Nature and Art' by the Rev. Edward Polehampton (London, 1814).

Add to Cart
Filename
010288.jpg
Copyright
Irish Photo Archive
Image Size
6000x3357 / 5.8MB
Contained in galleries
Recently uploaded historical photos
The fourth Eddystone lighthouse in heavy seas.  Built on the Stone 13 miles South-east of Polperro, Cornwall, England, which claimed up to 50 ships a year.  Built by  the English civil engineer John Smeaton (1724-1792) beginning in 1756 it was in operation for 127 years. Engraving  from 'The Gallery of Nature and Art' by the Rev. Edward Polehampton (London, 1814).