Info

010282

The lower-light room in the Eddystone lighthouse built on the Stone 13 miles South-east of Polperro, Cornwall, England, showing the twin Argand burners and reflectors (detail inset) which lighted the Hand Deeps rocks about three miles away. This is the fifth Eddystone lighthouse, designed by James Douglas, engineer to Trinity House, built between 1878 and 1892. Engraving from 'The Strand Magazine' (London, 1892).

Add to Cart
Filename
010282.jpg
Copyright
Irish Photo Archive
Image Size
6000x4680 / 5.3MB
Contained in galleries
The lower-light room in the Eddystone lighthouse built on the Stone 13 miles South-east of Polperro, Cornwall, England, showing the twin Argand burners and reflectors (detail inset) which lighted the Hand Deeps rocks about three miles away. This is the fifth Eddystone lighthouse, designed by James Douglas, engineer to Trinity House, built between 1878 and 1892.  Engraving from 'The Strand Magazine' (London, 1892).