Info

556003

Pearl oyster shells. Decorated shells were made in the Holy Land from 1700-1900 as souvenirs for pilgrims. Some have incised decoration closely resembling engravings on paper, which probably served as models. St James the Less (left) St Andrew centre and St Philip (right) under a triple arch.

Add to Cart
Filename
556003.jpg
Copyright
Irish Photo Archive
Image Size
4700x4213 / 2.9MB
Contained in galleries
Recently uploaded historical photos 4
Pearl oyster shells.  Decorated shells were made in the Holy Land from 1700-1900 as souvenirs for pilgrims.  Some have incised decoration closely resembling engravings on paper, which probably served as models.  St James the Less (left) St Andrew centre and St Philip (right) under a triple arch.