Info

010286

The Eddystone lighthouse built on the Stone 13 miles South-east of Polperro, Cornwall, England. This is the fifth Eddystone lighthouse, designed by James Douglas, engineer to Trinity House, built between 1878 and 1892. Lighting the oil lamp inside the rim of the bull's-eye lenses. Engraving from 'The Strand Magazine' (London, 1892).

Add to Cart
Filename
010286.jpg
Copyright
Irish Photo Archive
Image Size
6000x6377 / 6.8MB
Contained in galleries
Recently uploaded historical photos
The Eddystone lighthouse built on the Stone 13 miles South-east of Polperro, Cornwall, England.  This is the fifth Eddystone lighthouse, designed by James Douglas, engineer to Trinity House, built between 1878 and 1892.  Lighting the oil lamp inside the rim of the bull's-eye lenses. Engraving from 'The Strand Magazine' (London, 1892).