Info

010285

The Eddystone lighthouse built on the Stone 13 miles South-east of Polperro, Cornwall, England. This is the fifth Eddystone lighthouse, designed by James Douglas, engineer to Trinity House, built between 1878 and 1892. Inside the lantern showing two drums of bull's-eye lenses. Each drum was 6 ft (1.828 metres) high. The keeper is winding up the revolving mechanism. Engraving from 'The Strand Magazine' (London, 1892).

Add to Cart
Filename
010285.jpg
Copyright
Irish Photo Archive
Image Size
3500x5234 / 5.1MB
Contained in galleries
Recently uploaded historical photos
The Eddystone lighthouse built on the Stone 13 miles South-east of Polperro, Cornwall, England.  This is the fifth Eddystone lighthouse, designed by James Douglas, engineer to Trinity House, built between 1878 and 1892.  Inside the lantern showing two drums of bull's-eye lenses. Each drum was 6 ft (1.828 metres) high.  The keeper is winding up the revolving mechanism.  Engraving from 'The Strand Magazine' (London, 1892).