Info

Askeaton Friary,

In 1389, the Munster Geraldines began to build a friary for the Conventual Franciscans. It was completed in around 1420. By 1490, the friary was occupied by the Observantine Franciscans, The founder is believed to be Gerald, the fourth Earl of Desmond.

Add to Cart
Filename
Askeaton Friary, 1 -.jpeg.jpg
Copyright
irishphotoarchive.ie cic
Image Size
4000x3000 / 5.7MB
Contained in galleries
Search ALL, Search ALL, Curious Ireland in Black and White
In 1389, the Munster Geraldines began to build a friary for the Conventual Franciscans. It was completed in around 1420. By 1490, the friary was occupied by the Observantine Franciscans, The founder is believed to be Gerald, the fourth Earl of Desmond.