Info

010291

The fifth Eddystone lighthouse built on the Stone 13 miles South-east of Polperro, Cornwall, England. Designed by James Douglas, engineer to Trinity House, and constructed between 1878 and 1882. The Duke of Kent performing the opening ceremony. The smaller building to the left is Smeaton's lighthouse. Engraving from 'The Illustrated London News' (London, 27 May 1892).

Add to Cart
Filename
010291.jpg
Copyright
Irish Photo Archive
Image Size
6000x4898 / 4.1MB
Contained in galleries
historical photos 2
The fifth Eddystone lighthouse built on the Stone 13 miles South-east of Polperro, Cornwall, England.  Designed by James Douglas, engineer to Trinity House, and constructed between 1878 and 1882.  The Duke of Kent performing the opening ceremony.  The smaller building to the left is Smeaton's lighthouse. Engraving from 'The Illustrated London News' (London, 27 May 1892).