Info

010328

Perpetual motion machine described by the Jesuit Stanislaus Solski c1610. Water was pumped from reservoir alternately up the vertical pipes to the upper reservoirs A,B. The small reservoirs C,D were filled from them. E,F are pumps operated by the oscillation of the small reservoirs C,D. Engraving from 'Theatri Machinarum Hydraulicum' by Jacob Leupold (Leipzig, 1774).

Add to Cart
Filename
010328.jpg
Copyright
Irish Photo Archive
Image Size
6000x3003 / 2.3MB
Contained in galleries
Perpetual motion machine described by the Jesuit Stanislaus Solski c1610.  Water was pumped from reservoir alternately up the vertical pipes to the upper reservoirs A,B.  The small reservoirs C,D were filled from them.  E,F are pumps operated by the oscillation of the small reservoirs C,D.  Engraving from 'Theatri Machinarum Hydraulicum' by Jacob Leupold (Leipzig, 1774).